Posted on November 24, 2011 - GC1134
Company: Town of Strathmore
Position: GIS Technician
Location: Town of Strathmore
Contact Name: Linda Nelson
- To maintain the current GIS data and information using ESRI GIS Software, AutoCAD, GPS Pathfinder Office and road analysis software.
- Provide GIS backup support for all Municipal departments including locates of municipally owned infrastructure
- Research and provide recommendation to enhance GIS as it is integrated into the town’s current software systems and information infrastructure
- Review Engineering Standards, proposals from developers for new standards, and changes adopted by the City of Calgary to their Engineering Standards Policy, to ensure that the Town’s Engineering Standards reflect Council’s intent for the future infrastructure of the Town.
- Review subdivision design drawings proposed by developers for compliance with current Town Standards and for establishing best management practices for Town operations management.
- Conduct condition surveys and provide recommendations on repair and/or rehabilitation of existing infrastructure, (sidewalks, roads, etc.).
- Coordination of a Municipal Building Maintenance Program and provide recommendations for major repairs and/or rehabilitation.
- Provide assistance with municipal projects, which could include planning, surveys, and site meetings.
- Post secondary education in GIS Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, CAD, or related discipline with a minimum of three to five years of related industry experience preferred;
- Knowledge of latest version of AutoCAD, ArcGIS and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access and Outlook);
- Additional course work in roads and utilities, construction and operations, in public works, waste management, subdivision and development is desirable.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Operators License;
- Must possess or be able to attain an ASET membership.
- Salary to be commensurate with experience.
Town of Strathmore
680 Westchester Road
Homepage - www.strathmore.ca
E-Mail - email@example.com
<< Back to Job Board