Posted on January 22, 2012 - GC1179
Company: Ontario Public Service
Position: Project Manager, Geomatics Section
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Contact Name: Ontario Public Service
Deadline: February 6, 2012
Project Manager, Geomatics Section
Bring your engineering and legal survey knowledge and project management skills to this challenging role.
In this role, you will:
- plan, supervise and direct the production of engineering and legal surveys, plans, documents and geographic information system (GIS) products and services
- lead a team of professional and technical staff
- schedule and manage service provider assignments
- provide technical guidance and instruction to staff and service providers
- assess and resolve complex or unusual survey problems
Location: 615 South James Street, Thunder Bay, Ontario
What we are looking for:
- you have a valid driver's licence and acceptable driving record
- you have the ability to travel to conduct field work
- you have knowledge of and experience in the production of legal and engineering surveys and plans
- you have the ability to interpret and apply related legislation and standards
- you have knowledge of computer surveys applications software, survey equipment, such as total stations and global positioning systems (GPS), coordinate geometry, coordinate systems and datums
People management skills:
- you have demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- you can provide direction to staff and service providers, and monitor progress
- you have proven project management skills
- you have proven planning and organizational skills
- you have effective interpersonal oral and written communication skills and are able to provide advice and present recommendations
- you are able to facilitate cooperation between staff and service providers
- you have proven analytical and problem-solving skills to assess acceptability of legal and engineering returns and resolve complex surveying problems
- you have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and guidelines as they apply to survey crews
Note: Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
Salary range: $65,379.00 – $78,712.00 per annum
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 40538, by February 6, 2012. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Ontario Public Service
Homepage - www.ontario.ca/careers
E-Mail - @.
<< Back to Job Board