Posted on January 27, 2012 - GC1181
Company: Pacific Alliance Technologies
Position: GIS Specialist (Technical Consultant)
Location: Vancouver or Kelowna
Contact Name: Heather Burns
GIS SPECIALIST (Technical Consultant)
Pacific Alliance Technologies (PAT), a leading North American based provider of GIS products and related services, is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as a GIS Specialist (Technical Consultant). The GIS Specialist will be an integral part of the implementation team, providing consulting and support services to Pacific Alliance clients. The GIS Specialist will be focused on the latest Civil Engineering and Geospatial software technologies including Google, Microsoft, Autodesk and ESRI. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to advance their career within a stable, well respected organization that is set for growth!
This position will be based in Vancouver or Kelowna.
An overview of responsibilities for this position:
- Accountable for managing project requirements, through critical analysis, problem solving, teamwork, data processing and proactive customer management.
- Assist in research, development and testing of PAT products with respect to enhancements and/or improvements of existing modules, working closely with the technical teams and subject matter experts.
- Carry out between 4-12 weeks of off-site client training / consultancy each year, to cover training peaks within the company and to build up and maintain a client-focused perspective within the support team. Travel will be to various client sites throughout Canada and the U.S.
- Provide Project Leadership and management
- Provide Technical Pre-sales Support including development of Webinars, demonstrations and related material
- Spatial Data Modeling including the design of data flows for spatial data and the ability to advise clients on the best strategy for their specific data sets
- Relational Database Analysis – the ability to model data schemas and batch routines
- Business Analysis – understand and articulate client requirements, develop detailed specifications in written form, guide clients in strategic directions, perform and document strategic needs analysis and facilitate business workshops
- Demonstrate leadership by encouraging a positive work environment, building trust within the team and by promoting a high performance team environment
The ideal candidate will have the following education, experience and skills:
- A degree level qualification relevant to the industry
- A minimum of six years experience in Problem Solving and Analysis gained through consulting engagements
- Autodesk Certification
- Background in CAD Software, preferably in the field of mapping, GIS and Civil Engineering, supported by an associated degree level qualification;
- A minimum of 6 years of commercial experience in GIS/Asset Management and IT industries
- Knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD is necessary; Certification on specific technologies within our industry would be advantageous;
- Certification in the following products:
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Oracle Certified Professional
- The candidate will show enthusiasm for operating in a constantly busy work environment, with an ability to work calmly under pressure
- A proven record of meeting tight deadlines and an ability to multi-task and prioritize
- The candidate will be a strong team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Development experience with related desktop technologies would be an asset
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of Raster and Vector datasets in multiple formats
- Understanding of spatial database technology gained through experience of working with Oracle or SQL server
- Familiarity with Safe Software FME
Have we caught your attention?
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and we will see if you have what it takes to be the next GIS Specialist at Pacific Alliance Technologies! We look forward to hearing from you!
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pacific Alliance Technologies (PAT) is a leading provider of GIS, web-based mapping, architectural, and engineering software, specializing in the customization, implementation, training and support of these solutions. The company's mission is to develop and implement proven solutions that will help sharpen our client's competitive edge and increase their organization's productivity.
iVAULT is PAT's web-based mapping solution that allows organizations to easily benefit from linking their existing data to a location. iVAULT is compatible with leading technologies: ArcGIS, MapGuide and Google. iVAULT is also integrated with our StarDyne sister companies' software: Diamond, WorkTech, Vadim, Tempest - along with other leading financial and asset management software products. With iVAULT clients can find, report-on and analyze their assets in the context of the neighboring historical and as-built information along with data from any of their business systems.
As an Autodesk® Value Added Reseller and Premier Solutions Provider, Pacific Alliance has helped hundreds of firms throughout Western Canada implement and train their staff on Autodesk CAD, GIS, and AEC solutions, such as AutoCAD, Map 3D, MapGuide Enterprise, Civil 3D, AutoCAD Architecture and the full Revit product line - Architecture.
Pacific Alliance Technologies is a member of StarDyne Technologies Inc. For more information, check our website at www.pat.ca.
Pacific Alliance Technologies
24 E 4th Ave.
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Job Board