Posted on February 28, 2012 - GC1186
Company: Polar Geomatics
Position: GIS Supervisor/Coordinator
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Salary: $60,000 - 75,000
Contact Name: Cindy Adam
The GIS Supervisor is responsible for supporting the GIS related activities as a member of a team of professionals that undertake multiple ongoing projects for large client organizations. The right candidate will have a strong technical competency in GIS systems and experience supervising and working with staff on a variety of types of projects of various scales. The candidate will also have experience working with enterprise GIS systems.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Supports business development efforts including proposals and presentations to clients.
- Regularly interfaces with clients to identify GIS needs and develop GIS strategies to meet program needs and add value for key clients.
- Provides technical support on GIS projects.
- Evaluates new GIS technologies to company activities.
- Assists in the development of written GIS procedures and processes for GIS staff
- Perform advanced manipulation and analysis of GIS data
- Prepare client requested reports and maps and troubleshoot issues with data, maps and processes.
- Works with multiple teams to coordinate, and help deliver projects.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in related field.
- Working knowledge of a GIS organization from group to enterprise levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects including a strong understanding of tracking/following budgets, project scope, project deliverables and quality assurance
- Prior experience with financial metrics, staffing decisions, and operations planning
- Demonstrated project management experience and related accreditations
- Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in GIS will be given preference
- Ability to communicate effectively and express thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise and professional manner in both individual and multi personality group situations
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships
Polar Geomatics Solutions LP provides regulatory compliance solutions for pipeline oil and gas and utility companies using proprietary G.I.S. based technology. (www.polargeomatics.com)
Suite 110 4711-51 Ave
Red Deer, Ab
Homepage - www.polargeomatics,com
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Job Board